Anxiety and depression
Jill Manthorpe Professor of social work and co-director, Social Care Workforce Research Unit, King’s College London
Steve Iliffe Inner-city GP and reader in general practice, Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and UCL Medical School, London
This article explores anxiety states among older people and how they may overlap with depression. It discusses prevalence, symptoms and treatment, and aims to help nurses to develop appropriate intervention strategies and to know when they should refer patients to other health practitioners.
Nursing Older People. 18, 1, 25-29. doi: 10.7748/nop2006.02.18.1.25.c2411
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now