Early warning score tools are aids, not checklists
NHS England and NHS Improvement have announced their intention that by March 2019 all acute and ambulance settings should use an updated version of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS) tool for identifying deteriorating patients. It is estimated that the tool, devised and revised by the Royal College of Physicians (RCP), could save almost 2,000 lives a year (news, page 6), as well as 627,000 bed days.
24, 9, 5-5.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now