How to ensure racism does not hold back your career
Anoop Raghunath Charge nurse in the emergency assessment unit, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
As a migrant nurse, Anoop Raghunath knew he had to create professional development opportunities
I came to the UK in 2011, two years after qualifying as a nurse in India and having passed my international English language testing system exam. I had only worked in a small hospital in Kerala before coming to the UK and did not have much nursing experience.
28, 4, 18-19.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now