Serene on the surface, paddling underneath
Emma Cowen Staff nurse, The children’s emergency department, Royal Alexandra Hospital, Brighton
For newly qualified children’s nurses getting used to their first role, appearances can be deceptive
I can’t believe how fast this year is going. It is December and I have been qualified for ten months. This realisation gives me a feeling of shock and excitement similar to the one I had when I qualified and could, for the first time, tell people I am a nurse.
Nursing Children and Young People.
29, 10, 17-17.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now