How to identify diseases and rashes on darker skin
Advice on how to ensure your nursing assessments include black and brown skin tones
Diagnosis of many skin conditions relies heavily on recognising characteristic visual features, which can differ depending on skin tone. But until recently, most medical textbooks and online resources only depicted presentation on light skin.
Nursing Children and Young People.
34, 2, 12-12.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now