What is the nurse’s role in supporting young people’s sexual health?
Sarah Greenshields Children and young people’s nursing lecturer, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne
Young people should have access to education, assessment and treatment for sexual health
Sexual health is defined as ‘a state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality’ (World Health Organisation 2006).
Nursing Children and Young People.
33, 4, 12-12.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now