What is ECMO and how can it save the sickest of children?
Mike Stephenson Senior lecturer, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne
ECMO can support children with primary respiratory and cardiac failure
Extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) is a technology capable of providing short-term mechanical support to the heart and/or lungs (Millar et al 2016).
Nursing Children and Young People.
33, 6, 19-19.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now