Management of aggression and violence in mental health settings
Bernard Beech Lecturer, Department of Nursing and Midwifery, Keele University
Darren Bowyer Manager, Edward Myers Centre, Harplands Hospital, Newcastle, Staffs and MAPA trainer
This article employs recently published material to reflect on issues relating to the management of aggression and violence in mental health settings. It encourages nurses and their employers to reflect on and review their practice and suggests that a ‘total organisational response’ can help achieve better outcomes.
Mental Health Practice. 7, 7, 31-37. doi: 10.7748/mhp2004.04.7.7.31.c1801
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now