Management of aggression and violence in mental health settings
Bernard Beech Lecturer, Department of Nursing and Midwifery, Keele University
Darren Bowyer Manager, Edward Myers Centre, Harplands Hospital, Newcastle, Staffs and MAPA trainer
This article employs recently published material to reflect on issues relating to the management of aggression and violence in mental health settings. It encourages nurses and their employers to reflect on and review their practice and suggests that a ‘total organisational response’ can help achieve better outcomes.
Mental Health Practice.
7, 7, 31-37.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now