Major workforce review highlights concern over the care staffare able to provide
Erin Dean Freelance health writer
Subtle but valued relationship between nurses and patients is threatened
Mental health nurses are concerned about decreasing opportunities for long-term supportive relationships with patients, a major workforce review has found. Access to continuing professional development and clinical supervision are also insufficient, according to the Foundation of Nursing Studies (FoNS) review of mental health nursing in the UK.
Mental Health Practice. 20, 6, 8-9. doi: 10.7748/mhp.20.6.8.s8
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now