Health Anxiety (Hypochondriasis; Illness Phobia): Nature, assessment and treatment
Paul Rogers Wales Office of Research & Development Research Student, Caswell Clinic, Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust & Health Service Research Department Institute of Psychiatry
Health anxiety is characterised by an abnormal preoccupation with health and leads to a wide range of cognitive, behavioural and affective symptoms. The condition has a positive response to behaviour therapy and cognitive behaviour therapy, and nurses trained in these methods can often be the ideal choice of therapist.
Mental Health Practice.
4, 8, 32-37.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now