How to add personal health budgets to your nursing skill set
Vicki Chinn @vickichinn87 Mental health nurse, Medway Maritime Hospital, Medway NHS Foundation Trust
Nurses have an important role in empowering service users to use NHS funding to purchase mental healthcare outside traditionally commissioned services
Personal health budgets (PHBs) can personalise healthcare by giving patients more control over their healthcare funding and enabling them to use their knowledge and skills to develop care plans based on ‘what matters to them’ (NHS England 2018).
Mental Health Practice.
23, 1, 10-13.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now