Exploring self-awareness in mental health practice
Kirsten Jack Senior lecturer adult nursing, Faculty of Health, Psychology and Social Care, Manchester Metropolitan University
Eula Miller Senior lecturer adult/mental health, Faculty of Health, Psychology and Social Care, Manchester Metropolitan University
Self-awareness is integral to the development of mental health practitioners. This article defines the concept and considers how it can be nurtured, particularly in newly qualified nurses.
Mental Health Practice.
12, 3, 31-35.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now