Keep it clear to engage your readers
Your article has a single purpose: to communicate. Effective written communication takes practice. You may need to write several drafts before you feel your work is ready to submit, and even then the journal editor may require further changes. Your overarching aim is to be clear, and every paragraph, every sentence, every word must contribute to this goal. Any section that lacks clarity has to be redrafted.
Mental Health Practice. 22, 3, 16-16. doi: 10.7748/mhp.22.3.16.s11
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now