Why is mental health nursing often challenging to define?
Stephen Jones RCN professional lead, Mental health
We are mental health nurses. We are not psychiatric nurses, but sometimes our roles align more with the pathological understanding of mental illness. We are not psychology nurses, yet we may align more with the psychological interpretation of mental health.
Mental Health Practice.
26, 2, 5-5.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now