The same as whom?
Eddie Orme Manager, Simpson House drug counselling centre, Edinburgh
Eddie Orme calls for a change in public perceptions of people with learning disabilities following proposals made in the scottish office document same as you
By the middle of this year health and social work agencies in Scotland are expected to formulate plans for implementing the proposals made in the Scottish Office document The Same as You (Scottish Executive 2000). This document makes numerous recommendations for the future provision of services for people with a learning disability and covers issues as diverse as daytime occupation, special needs care, challenging behaviour and social inclusion.
Learning Disability Practice.
4, 2, 5-7.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now