The new Code of Professional Conduct
Martin Semple Senior Lifelong Learning Fellow, RCN Institute Wales, Cardiff
Stuart Cable Senior Lifelong Learning Fellow, RCN Institute Scotland, Edinburgh
The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) has approved a new Code of Professional Conduct (NMC 2002a). This article discusses the main elements of the new code, examines the implications for the profession and encourages you to think about the implications for your own nursing practice. It identifies actions that you should take to comply with the code.
Learning Disability Practice.
6, 4, 30-38.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now