John Turnbull Director of Nursing, Oxfordshire Learning Disability NHS Trust and Editor, Learning Disability Practice
What will it take to transform relationships with people with learning disabilities? John Turnbull identifies some key trends
The new White Paper, Valuing People (Department of Health 2001), sets an ambitious and challenging agenda for those working with people with learning disabilities. At the heart of the document is the recognition that, if people with learning disabilities are going to achieve the lifestyles they want, there must be a fundamental shift in power between individuals and those supporting them.
Learning Disability Practice.
4, 3, 18-22.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now