Why learning disability and autism training should be mandatory
Paula McGowan Mother of Oliver McGowan and an activist and charity ambassador
My son’s death exposed gaps in clinicians’ knowledge, which is why I have campaigned for compulsory autism training
From the moment Oliver was born a month prematurely, we knew he was special. There was something about him that drew people to him even as a baby, and this magnetism lasted throughout his life.
Learning Disability Practice.
25, 3, 11-11.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now