Why is there such bias in healthcare against service users?
Wendy Johnson Associate director of safeguarding, Great Western Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Swindon
Government research on COVID-19 deaths reveals a shocking statistic
If you agree that ‘a progressive society looks after its weakest and least able to look after themselves’ then how progressive is the UK? Government research shows that people with learning disabilities are up to six times more likely to die from COVID-19 than the general population.
Learning Disability Practice.
24, 2, 9-9.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now