TROG: a communication test for service users
Matt Broadway-Horner Senior consultant, Broadway-Horner consultancy, Mental health and learning disability
An assessment of language skills helps healthcare staff communicate with people with a mild learning disability
If all healthcare staff understood how language can be a barrier to care, service users might not feel discriminated against and experience minority stress.
Learning Disability Practice.
23, 1, 14-14.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now