New roles, new opportunities
Martin Bollard Senior Lecturer, De Montfort University and Co-ordinator of the MATH group
Martin Bollard discusses how the new role of health facilitator might be developed
This article offers some initial thoughts on the role of the health facilitator, which was highlighted in the Valuing People White Paper (Department of Health 2001a). It will discuss how services are putting the role into operation and propose two different levels of facilitation. The article will also consider what prevents access to health care and what is meant by facilitation. Although the White Paper pinpoints co-ordination of the health action plan as a key function for the health facilitator, this article will focus primarily on the role itself.
Learning Disability Practice.
4, 4, 10-12.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now