National nursing leadership programme
Jean Faugier Director, National Nursing Leadership Project, National Nursing Leadership Programme, Manchester
Helen Woolnough Research Assistant, National Nursing Leadership Programme, Manchester
The NHS Plan (DoH 2000) clearly articulates the need to modernise the health service in order to deliver improvements for patients. To achieve this the NHS needs imaginative, dynamic and intelligent leadership at all levels of the system. This article aims to raise awareness and evoke thinking and reflection among nurses and allied health professionals as to the importance of effective leadership in the working environment and the value of leadership in creating a more flexible and modern work-force, responsive to the needs of patients.
Learning Disability Practice.
5, 10, 32-37.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now