How to evaluate process of the evaluation
Fiona Redworth Senior lecturer in nursing, North East Wales Institute of Higher Education, Wrexham
Mike Redworth Staff development officer, Shropshire Social Services
Fiona and Mike Redworth describe a project examining the evaluative process for people with learning disabilities. They detail the choice of methodology, the principles applied and provide guidelines for the essential planning needed in user participation in order to arrive at a truthful translation of data
This paper explores issues of communication with people with learning disabilities and their status when they are included in evaluation. It is based on a recent evaluation, involving one of the authors (Jinks and Redworth 1997), of the Changeover Programme (Scottish Human Services 1995).
Learning Disability Practice.
1, 1, 26-29.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now