Updated National Early Warning Score
Erin Dean Freelance health writer
The National Early Warning Score (NEWS) was developed by the Royal College of Physicians to improve the identification of acutely ill patients, including those with sepsis. A score is allocated to six physiological measurements, already recorded in routine practice, to gain an aggregate overall score.
Emergency Nurse. 25, 10, 10-10. doi: 10.7748/en.25.10.10.s9
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now