Transporting patients home
Kate May Staff nurse in accident and emergency care, Gwent Healthcare NHS Trust
An audit of transport home for patients discharged from an emergency department reveals that a lack of standards leads to long delays, says KATE MAY
At the Royal Gwent Hospital, which is part of Gwent Healthcare NHS Trust, the service quality of same-day discharge transport from the emerg ency department (ED) has long been a source of frustration for staff and patients.
16, 9, 26-29.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now