Transporting patients home
Kate May Staff nurse in accident and emergency care, Gwent Healthcare NHS Trust
An audit of transport home for patients discharged from an emergency department reveals that a lack of standards leads to long delays, says KATE MAY
At the Royal Gwent Hospital, which is part of Gwent Healthcare NHS Trust, the service quality of same-day discharge transport from the emerg ency department (ED) has long been a source of frustration for staff and patients.
Emergency Nurse. 16, 9, 26-29. doi: 10.7748/en2009.02.16.9.26.c6847
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now