Too few politicians understand what we do
Mike Paynter Consultant nurse, Urgent care at Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and a member of the Emergency Nurse advisory board
Emergency nurses respond to crises every day, yet as the 1% pay cap suggests their role is widely misunderstood
At the end of January, I and a group of senior officers and RCN members attended the House of Commons to lobby MPs ahead of the parliamentary debate on lifting the 1% cap on nurses’ pay.
25, 5, 16-16.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now