Too few politicians understand what we do
Mike Paynter Consultant nurse, Urgent care at Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and a member of the Emergency Nurse advisory board
Emergency nurses respond to crises every day, yet as the 1% pay cap suggests their role is widely misunderstood
At the end of January, I and a group of senior officers and RCN members attended the House of Commons to lobby MPs ahead of the parliamentary debate on lifting the 1% cap on nurses’ pay.
25, 5, 16-16.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now