The role of the physiotherapist practitioner in emergency departments: a critical appraisal
Jim Bethel Clinical nurse manager, Emergency directorate of The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
JIM BETHEL reviews and evaluates the literature on the physiotherapist practitioner role
The emergency directorate at Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, formerly known as Birmingham Heartlands and Solihull NHS Trust, has recently employed two physiotherapists to work in the Solihull Hospital emergency department (ED) as physiotherapist practitioners.
Emergency Nurse. 13, 2, 26-31. doi: 10.7748/en2005.05.13.2.26.c1185
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now