The removal of body piercings
Kirsty Edmunds Sister in the emergency department, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust
The art of body piercing has been practised in many cultures for thousands of years. It was often identified with royalty and was seen to be a sign of courage and virility.
Emergency Nurse. 14, 1, 21-21. doi: 10.7748/en2006.04.14.1.21.c1220
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now