Jim Bethel Senior lecturer and honorary nurse practitioner, University of Wolverhampton
JIM BETHEL outlines some of the challenges associated with a diagnosis of tension pneumothorax
Pneumothorax, and in particular tension pneumothorax, is associated with a high degree of morbidity and mortality so prompt identification and treatment is critical.
Emergency Nurse. 16, 4, 26-29. doi: 10.7748/en2008.07.16.4.26.c6606
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now