Technical quality of a minor injuries unit
Sapal Tachakra Clinical Director, A&E services, A&E department, Central Middlesex Hospital, London
Sapal Tachakra assesses the performance of a video-conferencing system for teleradiology support of an MIU
Telemedicine is seen as an exciting new technology and like many others before it, there is the risk that its capability is oversold. There have been a number of papers in the literature evaluating telemedicine in various contexts (Darkins et al 1996, Harrison et al 1996, Fisk et al 1995). It was our aim to assess if the technical performance of a video-conferencing system for teleradiology was satisfactory and whether there were any significant problems that made its use difficult.
9, 5, 10-14.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now