Safeguarding children in emergency departments
Susan Conway Emergency department sister, Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Trust
Multi-agency training and collaboration has made some headway but must be improved further to promote better recognition of non-accidental injuries in children, says SUSAN CONWAY
The link between long-bone fractures and intracranial bleeds in infants, and the suggestion that neither injury is accidental, was introduced to the clinical world more than 60 years ago (Caffey 1946).
16, 1, 30-35.
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests