Preventing adverse events
Roseanne Shorthall Pseudonym, Hospital assessment unit in the West Midlands
ROSEANNE SHORTHALL reflects on a potentially adverse event that occurred when she was a nursing student to demonstrate how communication failures can hamper patient care
In 1999, the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) was established to promote clinical effectiveness through best practice and the promotion among front line staff of evidence based guidelines.
Emergency Nurse. 15, 3, 26-28. doi: 10.7748/en2007.06.15.3.26.c4245
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now