Pharmacological techniques for managing acute pain in emergency departments
Diana Butcher Clinical nurse specialist, Whittington Hospital, London
Pain is a common reason to attend hospital but it is often inadequately managed. This article examines the physiology of pain and suggests the most effective pharmacological techniques to control it.
Emergency Nurse. 12, 1, 26-35. doi: 10.7748/en2004.04.12.1.26.c1150
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now