Perceived barriers to pain management
Martin Duignan Advanced nurse practitioner candidate, Our Lady’s Hospital, County Meath
Virginia Dunn Former lecturer, Nursing at Trinity College Dublin
MARTIN DUIGNAN and VIRGINIA DUNN compare how barriers to pain management in emergency departments are perceived by nurses in the Republic of Ireland and in the United States
Comprehensive pain management remains an elusive goal for healthcare practitioners, despite attempts to address suboptimal use of anal-gesia, or oligoanalgesia, having been made in many healthcare organisations.
16, 9, 31-35.
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests