The case for duty of care
Mike Paynter Consultant nurse, Urgent care at Bridgwater Community Hospital, Somerset, England
Being the subject of a clinical negligence claim can be distressing, but don’t forget NHS trusts can offer support
In many emergency departments (EDs) in the UK, nurse practitioners manage at least half of all patients. In minor injury and urgent care units, almost all patients will be seen and treated by nurse practitioners.
Emergency Nurse. 26, 1, 16-16. doi: 10.7748/en.26.1.16.s15
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now