Mindfulness has boosted our ED staff’s resilience
Matt Targett Matron, Emergency department at Barnet Hospital, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, England
In a bid to combat fatigue and build well-being, an emergency department has introduced mindfulness meditation sessions
We all know that emergency nurses are regarded as a special breed with the ability to keep going no matter what is thrown at us, but that doesn’t stop us feeling fatigue.
Emergency Nurse. 26, 1, 14-14. doi: 10.7748/en.26.1.14.s14
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now