HCAs fill up to one third of care roles
A report, by BPP University School of Nursing in London states that, for every additional nurse taken on by the NHS in England between December 2015 and December 2017, trusts employ an average of 3.9 healthcare assistants (HCAs).
Emergency Nurse. 26, 4, 7-7. doi: 10.7748/en.26.4.7.s4
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now