Delayed handovers leading to deaths, ambulance staff warn
GMB union members want a review of processes in emergency care
More than 120 people have died since 2014 in hospital emergency departments (EDs) during handover from ambulance crews. There was also a 52% rise in harmful or potentially harmful incidents between 2014 and 2017.
Emergency Nurse. 26, 2, 6-6. doi: 10.7748/en.26.2.6.s2
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now