Managing chemical eye injuries
Bernice Duffy Senior sister and emergency nurse practitioner, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London
BERNICE DUFFY says initial management of potentially devastating chemical eye injuries by emergency nurses can affect patients’ future prognosis as much as subsequent ophthalmic treatment
Chemical burns to the eyes are potentially devastating for the individuals concerned and are regarded as ophthalmic emergencies.
16, 1, 25-29.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now