Managing acute plantar puncture wounds
Joe McDevitt Staff nurse in the emergency department, Altnagelvin Hospital, Londonderry
Mark Gillespie Lecturer in nursing, University of Ulster, Londonderry
JOE MCDEVITT and MARK GILLESPIE discuss the assessment and management of patients with acute plantar puncture wounds in emergency departments
Puncture wounds of the foot are a frequent presentation in emergency departments (EDs) (Halaas 2007, Pennycook et al 1994), and are common occupational injuries among construction workers and labourers (Haverstock and Grossman 1999).
16, 5, 30-36.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now