Make time to listen to colleagues under stress
Roisin Devlin Lead nurse, Emergency departments, South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust, Northern Ireland, and a member of the Emergency Care Association committee
Some staff appear to be coping but are struggling internally. We should ensure we listen to them.
This winter appears to be the most challenging so far and the pressure and stress on staff is phenomenal.
Emergency Nurse. 25, 10, 15-15. doi: 10.7748/en.25.10.15.s17
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now