Interaction of antibiotics and oral contraceptives
Anthony Summers Clinical nurse tutor, Caboolture Hospital, QLD
ANTHONY SUMMERS reviews evidence of interaction between antibiotics and oral contraceptives
It is common in emergency departments (EDs) for emergency nurse practitioners (ENPs) or doctors to prescribe antibiotics for, and dispense antibiotics to, women who are also taking the oral contraceptive pill (OCP), and for more junior staff to dispense the prescriptions.
16, 6, 20-21.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now