Identifying de quervain’s tenosynovitis
Mike Paynter Emergency nurse practitioner, Urgent treatment centre, Bridgewater Community Hospital, Somerset
Significant hand pain can result from both traumatic and non-traumatic causes. MIKE PAYNTER outlines some practical procedures to identify this overuse syndrome
Patients presenting to emergency departments and minor injury services with hand and wrist complaints account for up to 20 per cent of all visits.
Emergency Nurse. 14, 1, 27-29. doi: 10.7748/en2006.04.14.1.27.c1222
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now