‘We are seeing more stabbings, gunshot wounds, blunt force injuries and use of axes and batons’
An emergency department sister is behind a project to teach life-saving skills to young people who are most at risk of serious violence in London
Growing rates of youth violence mean many emergency department (ED) staff around the UK regularly witness the shocking legacy of knife injuries on children and teenagers.
27, 6, 10-11.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now