Preparing staff for the sudden death of a child
Tina Fairhead Paediatric emergency department sister, Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust, Dartford, Kent
A study day organised by paediatric emergency department sister Tina Fairhead has given nurses at her trust the skills and confidence to cope when a child dies
The sudden unexpected death of a child in the emergency department (ED) is a traumatic event, and as healthcare professionals we have a comprehensive range of statutory duties and obligations that we must fulfil when this happens.
27, 5, 13-15.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now