Matron’s leadership transforms ED care
Stella Davey responded to concerns about her hospital emergency department by forming a resus team that has turned around patient care – and were finalists in the Emergency Nursing category of the 2019 RCNi Nurse Awards
The emergency department (ED) at Kingston Hospital had a serious problem with morale in 2016. The Care Quality Commission (CQC) had identified high numbers of new and inexperienced staff at the Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in London and felt it was creating unsustainable pressures.
Emergency Nurse. 28, 2, 11-13. doi: 10.7748/en.28.2.11.s10
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now