Emergency discharge teams offer an essential service
Tricia Scott Consultant editor, Emergency Nurse
Discharge teams make an essential contribution to patient flow by identifying patients who are suitable for community care and supporting them to restore their independence as swiftly as possible. This is a highly responsible role that requires in-depth assessment skills and strong leadership to help patients determine the optimal desired discharge location.
Emergency Nurse. 26, 4, 5-5. doi: 10.7748/en.26.4.5.s1
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now