Emergency care research is essential if we are to challenge existing practice
Tricia Scott Consultant editor, Emergency Nurse
The fast-paced emergency care setting poses specific challenges for participation in research because of the limited time for patients to digest information, especially when in pain or crisis. It is also challenging for nurses to gain consent from patients who may be experiencing altered consciousness or mental health crisis.
31, 2, 5-5.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now