Awareness is key when treating sickle cell crisis in acute settings
Tricia Scott Consultant editor, Emergency Nurse
Sickle cell disease is part of a group of inherited diseases, and sickle cell crisis is an acute medical emergency. There are four main classifications to this condition: aplastic, acute sequestration, hyper-haemolytic and vaso-occlusive crisis.
29, 5, 5-5.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now