Developing a nurse led GP referral service
Liz Lees Consultant nurse in acute medicine, Birmingham Heartlands and Solihull NHS Teaching Trust
LIZ LEES describes a nationally acclaimed service that provides a whole systems approach to caring for GP emergency referrals
Nurses based in an emergency assessment area at Birmingham Heartlands and Soli-hull NHS Trust have developed a nurse led service for GPs by redirecting their referrals to nurse held pagers, instead of to resident medical officers (RMOs).
Emergency Nurse. 11, 8, 28-32. doi: 10.7748/en2003.12.11.8.28.c1140
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now